A Badge is a digital credential that represents learning, skill or achievement.
On the Cities of Learning platform, badges are aligned to the 2.0 standard of Open Badges. Diverse organisations, businesses, institutions, schools, colleges and universities use badges to validate and recognise learning and achievements across the globe.
Every published Activity has an automatically generated Badge. The description of the badge is automatically copied from the description of the activity concerned.
By default, automatically created badges do not require evidence and can be issued to emails or by giving a QR code/URL link. It is recommended to review and modify the badge description, criteria and evidence requirements before issuing the badges.
Organisers can issue badges in 3 different ways: 1) to emails; 2) by giving a QR code/URL link; 3) by requiring evidence that Badge issuers can set as an assessment criterion at the level of badge tasks. Evidence can require 1) self-approval; 2) peer review; 3) organisers review.
To modify a Badge:
- Go to the Activity (Open dashboard -> Activities) or Playlist (Open dashboard -> Playlists) whose badge you want to edit.
- Click on the Badges tab (Open dashboard -> Activities / Playlists -> Badges). Tip: you can also click on the badge anywhere on the Activity Overview tab and continue with step 4.
- Click on the Badge image (Open dashboard -> Activities / Playlists -> Badges -> Badge).
- Click on the context menu (3 dots) (Open dashboard -> Activities / Playlists -> Badges -> Badge -> Context menu) and click Modify.
- Once you finish editing, click Save.